Life in Chiang Mai

>> Saturday, June 4, 2011

Just some more random things about life here.

I had to get some tax papers copied the other day. I had noticed a little shop on the road that did copies. This place was hoppin'! I don't think there are a lot of options for this kind of stuff. But I couldn't stop chuckling as I watched them use this very dirty, ancient copy machine, where the paper kept getting jammed and they had to bang on it and restart it multiple times! But they made my copies!

Every morning I walk Orin to school. The quickest route is to walk through the campus of a large Thai school. Orin doesn't really like it because he says everyone is always staring at him (which they are) but we have both gotten good at ignoring it. Like I said, it is a huge school and I am always amazed because every single girl has their hair in two braids. Every.single.one. It's very cute but I also wonder if it's actually part of their uniform or if it is just cultural - so cultural that everyone does it? Sorry about the bad picture. I took it with my phone from far away as I tried to make it look like I wasn't taking a picture. :-)

I know that the average Thai man is 5'6" and woman is 5'2" but I don't think these chairs would be comfortable for people of any height!

Just had to throw in a cute one of Sora! :-)

These are back from right before Songkran. We were in a local furniture shop and the owners and employees were outside throwing water on people. It was the kids first taste of Songkran and it's so fun how they just let the boys join in. :-)


Orin absolutely LOVES to help Micaiah when he's reading. When I say "help" I mean tell him the word if Micaiah stumbles for even a second. :-)

I love this one because they are both so excited when Micaiah got a word right. :-)

There are also sorts of fun, crazy food in the grocery store around here. But for some reason, Jelly Fish just stood out more than most. I seriously did not know people ate this!

1 comments:

Mom June 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM  

Wonderful pictures and random thoughts on life in Chiang Mai! LOVE the ones of Orin helping Micaiah read. :)

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP