I'm Tired!
>> Friday, March 16, 2007
Ok, so I hate to admit this, but I'm TIRED! :-) Micaiah, at almost six months old, is still not sleeping through the night. At six weeks old he was doing better than he is doing now. But with the move and a few strings of sicknesses, he's gotten really bad about waking up. The most frustrating part of it is that I know how to fix it, but just haven't had the chance. Because we are in such close quarters Micaiah is currently sleeping in our room (which is also the living area). Orin is in his own room. So when Micaiah wakes up in the middle of the night, we can only take a minute or two of crying or whining before I just give in and nurse him really quick to get him back to sleep. Sometimes he will wake up three times during the night - although it's usually only one or two. But still, I don't normally get more than 4 hours in a row. When Orin would get off schedule and start waking up during the night, it was always very easy to get him back. We'd just have one or two nights where we'd let him "cry it out" when he woke up during the night and he'd be back to normal. It's just really difficult to do that when you're in the same room and you have to listen to the baby cry. So we're trying a solution tonight. We put Orin to sleep in the pack-n-play in the laundry room - it's the only other area down here - and Micaiah is in Orin's crib. Hopefully we'll have the strength to go in to comfort Micaiah when he wakes but not give in and just feed him. I'm also praying that he doesn't wake up everyone else in the house!



2 comments:
Wow ... has Renee entered the blogging world? How happy is that?!! :)
I was tempted to lurk and not leave a comment but I'll show myself. I just found you today! :)
i'm tired reading it. i hope things get better. i'm sure they will. it seems like you guys are doing great. oh and happy late birthday.
Post a Comment