Success! (update of "I'm Tired")
>> Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Well, first of all, I realized the reason I was so tired was because I was getting sick. Ugh. I spent Saturday in bed...of course, since the bed is in our living room so it's hard to get tons of rest :-) Actually, Damien did a good job of keeping the kids quiet. I was wondering why I was so tired since I had been dealing with Micaiah waking up during the nights for a few months and it hadn't been that bad. I guess I figured it was catching up with me or something. Anyway, on Saturday night, we moved put Orin to the pack-n-play in the laundry room and Micaiah slept in the crib. Here is a synopsis of how things went the last four nights...
Saturday Night: We put Micaiah down around 10:30pm. Micaiah is great about going to bed and naps. He woke the first time around 2:30am which wasn't surprising. We knew this was going to be the most difficult round. Since I was sleeping and Damien was still up, Damien went in to give him the passy and comfort him. As soon as he left the room Micaiah started screaming. Damien went in two more times - every five minutes. I then went in every five minutes for 15 minutes. So after screaming (often at the top of his lungs) for 30 minutes, Micaiah fell asleep. That was actually less time I thought it would take for the first round. He woke again around 4:45am, I fed him put him back down, and then he woke for good around 8:45am.
Sunday Night: He went down around 10pm and woke for the first time around 3:30am. Damien went in twice and I went in once or twice and he fell asleep after about 20min. I was pleased because it was already getting shorter. This time he didn't wake again until 7am which was wonderful. I fed him, put him back down and he woke for good around 9:30am.
Monday Night: We put him down around 10pm and he woke me up at 6:45am. I was thrilled! Unfortunately, Damien told me that Micaiah had woken up around 3am and Damien went in. Oh, well. At least I got to sleep through it. The good part was that Damien only had to go in once to comfort him and he fell right back asleep. After the 6:45am feeding he slept until 10am.
Tuesday Night: My definition of success! He went to bed around 10pm and woke up for the first time at 6:15am. It's not GREAT, but it's GOOD. Unfortunately he woke Orin up too who thought was time to get up! After ensuring Orin that we were all still asleep (including the sun) he asked to go sleep in his new bed instead of the pack-n-play. I think he was up for a while because when I went in this morning there were books on the floor, but he eventually went to sleep. Micaiah ate and slept until 9:30am. For now, I'm thrilled with this schedule and wish we would have done it sooner. I'm also very thankful that Micaiah's few screaming stints didn't wake up the rest of the household!
Pictures from one of Micaiah's last nights in his cradle. Incidentally, this is a very special cradle. Pops - my dad - made it for me before I was born; all of my siblings used it as well as Orin. Micaiah will still take some naps in it.



1 comments:
How COULD you say no to that face? He's so darn cute. Way to go on all the adjustments and your tenacity to make them. :) I'm always surprised at how much easier they usually are than how I anticipate them. The potty has been much harder than I ever imagined, though. Oh, well.
Love you.
Post a Comment