Orin's Ninja Birthay Party - He's 8!

>> Sunday, July 7, 2013

After three years of Star Wars birthday parties, Orin finally decided to have a different theme this year. Probably a good thing since I was running out of ideas. :) We did a Ninja Go party and it was a blast. The best part is that Orin and Micaiah were totally into it and did all of the prep themselves. I had to help with some things, but I don't think I did anything without their help. 

These first 4 are out of order. Oh well.

The group of boys at the party. We made Ninja headbands and they put their names on them. Definitely a hit!

Birthday boy with his cake. If you can see, the candles were all melting in the heat and bending over.

Close-up of the melting candle. :)


Ok, back to the beginning. Orin helped me make the cake...well, helped me clean off the beaters at least.



I saw this idea somewhere and the boys loved it! They spent a long time going through their Lego's and finding items that would hold the candles. It was so cute!




We also made lots of lanterns as decorations. I made one or two, but the boys made all of the rest. This was very time-consuming but they really enjoyed doing it.



We hung them up on the umbrellas by the pool. It looked really cute.



We also printed out these strips of Ninja faces. The boys cut them out and taped them to the bottles.


Another cute idea I saw. The boys built this silverware holder out of Lego's.

We made sushi rolls! The biggest pain is that we can't get fruit roll-ups here. I had never made them before so it took a couple of tries to get it right. (the first batch just sort of turned into a crisp). It's so hot here (my kitchen is consistently over 95 degrees) I realized I just need to leave them out and they will dry themselves. Then the boys wrapped them around the rice crispy treat and fish to make the sushi roll.



And chocolate chip cookies as requested by the birthday boy.

This was the first pool party we had and it was awesome. Here are some random pictures and a video of the kids playing.










Ready to be Ninjas!



Sora was a pretty cute Ninja.





We had pizza for lunch! And lots of other food.














We played "Find your Ninja Name." The kid's really liked that.





The cake. I love the pictures you can order that just melt into the cake. It's so worth the $10 just to not have to do some sort of ornate decorating myself.





We made some origami stars. This was one of the only things that I really had to do mostly myself. It was surprisingly difficult! But the kids really had fun throwing them and trying to get them into the box.













After everyone left we stayed for a while and just swam.









A few more random lantern pictures. I loved how cute they were and the fact that the boys made them. And it was fun messing around with my camera settings.












So in Chiang Mai it's basically impossible to give directions. And this pool is in about the most random place in the back of a neighborhood (sort of). So the boys made signs to help people find it.


No party stores around here so we bought some black bags and printed out some pictures. The boys cut them out and glued them on. It takes everything me not to "fix" their cutting and gluing but I also love that the gift bags really were from them.
 

It's not Thai tradition to open presents at the party so we waited until we got home so we didn't make anyone feel uncomfortable.









Happy 8th birthday Orin!!!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP