The Renaissance Festival
>> Sunday, September 30, 2007
Sometimes on weekends we like to just stay at home and relax and sometimes we like to spend the day out doing something as a family. Sometimes we go out to a park and BBQ, sometimes we go Downtown, and often we'll go to one of the many local festivals. When we decide to go out Damien usually looks on the Washington Post website for happenings in the area.
One of the great parts about living in this area is there is almost always something to do. During the Spring and Fall there are always lots of festivals. Yesterday Damien noticed the Maryland Renaissance Festival was going on. It lasts for about nine weeks. If you've never been to a Renaissance Festival, they are amazing! There are TONS of people and the buildings, costume and shows are great. Damien had been to many as a child and has a lot of great memories. The first one I had ever been to was when Damien took me in Arizona. The one here in Maryland has been running for something like 28 years.
I guess Damien just didn't think of going the last few years we've lived here. The kids were great all day, even without naps. Micaiah just loves to be pushed around in the stroller and look at people and things. Orin is just about the opposite and loved walking the entire time and picking up sticks and rocks. We saw a play, a sword swallowing act, a show called "Fight School" and a Jousting tournament which Orin loved because of the horses.
Amazingly, with thousands of people there, we ran into to people we knew: Matt & Karin Vile with their kids and someone from the Family Practice we go to. We had some yummy and surprisingly inexpensive food and ice cream. It was a really fun day together.



1 comments:
how fun? I remember going to those when we were kids. I haven't been to one since! I'm not surprized at the swords! For some reason Damien, Doug, and all my boy cousins would buy swords with their vacation money that Gammie gave them. Crazy boys, I was looking for cute shirts and they were shopping for swords. Oh the joys of being the only girl... Love the pics!
Post a Comment