So Say The Little Monkeys
>> Friday, September 14, 2007
Orin has always loved books and since we've pretty much memorized every book we own, I realized it was time to get a library card. Our closest library is the Chantilly Library only 3 or 4 minutes away. Orin is enjoying books with stories more (although he still loves the vocab books). So on Wednesday we went. I think Orin was quite in awe when we first go there. He was pretty excited to see SO many books. I told him he could pick out 5 which he did in a matter of minutes. H
e found one he wanted me to read right then but he couldn't pay attention because he just wanted to look around at all of the new sights. He's wanted to read the five books multiple times each day since we've gotten them. His favorite is "So Say The Little Monkeys." I'm really looking forward to going often and adding a little variety to our reading life!



3 comments:
Hooray for the library!! :) 5? Um, yeah, we usually get 25! That way I can say to Sam, "Let's read one that we haven't read yet!" And, it's fun for me too. :)
Wow, how often do you go? I was worried 5 was too many :-) But now that we've read them so much maybe 25 would be better. I was thinking if I go every week then we wouldn't get too sick of them...maybe I was wrong!
:) We usually go about every two weeks now, but at one point last year we went every week. It's so fun because they love to pick out the ones they want ... and it's nice to be in a place where I don't have to say, "no, that's too expensive!" :) I did have to put my foot down when it came to this gigantic book that was almost as tall as Zach that he wanted to get, so we spent the extra 15 minutes and all looked through it. Of course, it was just lots of pictures of animals.
Post a Comment