My Turn

>> Sunday, February 3, 2008

I knew I would get sick. Actually, I knew it about a week ago when everyone else had been sick for over a week and I got one of those "My immune system is so good" fleeting thoughts. Once you think you're invincible you're done for. I did get my wish though - it's nice to have someone take care of me. :-) Well, I didn't feel horrible enough to need constant attention, but Saturday Damien took the kids to Chick-Fil-A by himself. It's not something he has done often for a few reasons: it's hard to take two kids out when one of them is VERY attached to mommy, Damien has had so many health problems over the past 9 months so he hasn't had the energy to deal with two on his own (which thank goodness seem to be getting better), and he's still learning to multi-task when he's by himself. :-) But it was nice to just sit around for an hour by myself. Last night I was up much of the night sick so Damien took them out again today. They went to the mall to play, ate lunch, got some ice cream and went to the park. I napped and just laid around for hours. Wow, that was nice! The funniest, yet most annoying part of it all is that I lost my voice. It sure is hard to yell at kids when nothing comes out. :-) Actually, I'm amazed at how much I change my "tone" when dealing with them. Singing is also a HUGE part of our nap and night-time routine so Daddy had to carry all of the weight this weekend. I've never been so thankful for my voice. I do feel like I'm getting better after so much relaxing. I actually stayed in my pajama's all day! We're just lazily watching the super bowl. Damien and Orin picked up a pizza and a movie. Orin is sitting on the bed watching "Cars" - for some reason he has no interested in the football - actually, I feel where he's coming from. We just watching for the commercials!

1 comments:

Renee February 4, 2008 at 3:49 PM  

such is life with the kids. actually my kids get me sick every 3 weeks (on average). i actually had to stay home for work today because we thought i might have strep and i lost my voice. hope ya'll are doing well besides. I like getting the updates on your ministry and wish we could help more.

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP