Happenings

>> Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sick Again? Our poor Micaiah is sick again. We had our first near "all-nighter" with vomiting and such. The poor guy just couldn't stop. Plus he'd had about 50 grapes with dinner - imagine how fun that was to clean up at 3am. But I'm seriously lucky that Damien is such a huge help in these "middle of the night" situations. He's usually quicker to jump up than I am and is the one who INSISTS on the sick one sleeping with us. I just don't know how single parents do it. Micaiah and I slept on the futon together since he had woken up twice covered in yuck in his bed. And after soiling about three pairs of pajamas we decided to go the diaper only route. I spent today doing quite a bit of laundry. I also cleaned the bathroom in anticipation of the possibility of one of us making frequent trips to it tonight. For me, having a clean toilet and floor makes the experience a little less horrible. Damien and I are both feeling a little twinge of nausea but we can't tell if it's real or psychological. The only plus of a sick kid is that I love how sweet they are when they are sick. Micaiah just wants to be cuddled and held and just melts in your arms. But I'll take healthy and happy any day!


We sold our TV! It was actually a much better experience than I anticipated. It was 7 years old and not worth a ton, but we figured we give it a try on craigslist.com. We'd never used it before so didn't really know what to expect. But within about 3 hours of posting the ad we had about 15 emails from people who were interested! I'm happy because it's just another small step closer to being ready to move!



So I found this "mystery" photo in the camera. When I asked Damien if he knew anything about it he said he and Orin couldn't tell which car was winning so they took a picture. I just thought it was so cute. I don't think I would have thought about doing something like that - which is a fun reminder of how important daddy's are!


Conversations rehearsals are in full swing. I had such fun being involved last year that I really wanted to do it again even though it is a lot of work. Actually, it's more work on Damien since he is the one taking care of kids at home while I'm having "adult" time. Last year it was set in a bookstore and this year an Internet cafe. I really enjoy this ministry and it's one of the MANY things I'm going to miss about our church.


So my kids are obsessed with the vacuum cleaner - especially Micaiah. Every time I vacuum they LOVE to "help". It's a lot of fun but of course it also tipples my vacuuming time. I try to look at it as "training" for future chores. :-) I put a WANTED on freecycle.com and got a cute little toy vacuum. We also have a "popper" that we call a vacuum. I love that when I pull out my vacuum they run to theirs and want to help.


And the first thing Micaiah did today when he finally had enough energy to pull himself off of the couch was walk over and start vacuuming. He didn't have the happiest look on his face you have to love a kid who will clean even if he feels horrible!

2 comments:

-C February 27, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

That last pic of M is adorable ... that's much like I feel all the time when I have to vacuum. So cute.

And when I told Doug about your TV last night, he reminded me that we sold our Sentra on craigslist. :) I remember some other smaller stuff too. I'm glad you found a new owner too. :)

Andy February 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

sorry you little one feels yucky. grapes thrown up is weird looking.
love that he loves to vacuum.
very cute

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP