The Stars and The Moon
>> Thursday, March 20, 2008
Both Orin and Micaiah have a "thing" for the stars and the moon. They love to point them out in books or sing songs with the stars or moon mentioned. Often during the day Orin will just say out of the blue, "The moon and stars are sleeping, but they will wake up later." Two of the song we sing every night before bed (Orin would never let us forget) is "Twinkle-Twinkle" and "The Stars Are Out". A few days ago Orin came into the room holding this star and moon up in the air and began singing these songs. I thought it was just took cute.
Here are the lyrics to the second song:
The stars are out the moon is up, it's time to go to bed.
I'm so glad you have a place to lay your little head.
Have a deep and peaceful sleep, dream away the hours.
When you wake the sun will come to smile upon the flowers.
Go to sleep my little friend beneath the evening stars.
You will always have a friend no matter where you are.



6 comments:
How adorable is that!! He can really carry a tune!! I can see it now, Orin Reilly Daspit, the future American Idol!!
Love,
Mimie
How cute is that!!!!! You are making me homesick. I can't wait until we can hear Orin sing that in person. I LOVE all the videos you post. They are so fun to watch! Keep them coming! We can't wait to see you guys in June! It's going to be fun to live in the same place for a little bit!
Just too precious!!
Hello, I saw the video of your son. To Cute! But I have one question. My mother sang the The Stars are Out to me when I was small. I now sing it for my daughter. The problem is I don't know where to find this song. I recall something about a book and a bunny sleeping in a tree, but nothing else. Would you happen to know the book or the person who sang this song. I would appreciate it if you would let me know or guide me in some direction. Thanks italia121202@yahoo.com
I grew up listening to this song on a Disney cassette. You can download the album (with other folk/children's tunes as well) from itunes:http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=156086690&s=143441
My mom used to sing this to me but i couldn't remember how it went. She said it was on a tape we would listen to in the car.
Post a Comment