Orin's First Day of School

>> Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yesterday, Orin started preschool! He was very excited (so excited that he even stood still while I took a few pictures of him). Until we found out that there was a preschool right on the center, we hadn't really even considered sending him to preschool. But there is a discount for us, and he's been asking to go to school, so we're starting for two mornings a week (Monday & Wednesday). At the library last week we checked-out Cornelius P. Mud, Are You Ready for School? and we've read it many many times. We visited his class last week and he got to play for a few minutes while I spoke to the director. Monday morning he woke up and started talking about it right away. He ate a quick granola bar, (we didn't really have time for breakfast) we prayed with him, took some pictures, and were off. When we got there he went right into the class without hesitation - which I was very thankful for. Micaiah and I ran errands for a few hours. Micaiah must have asked 10 times throughout the morning, "Where's Orin?" I've been getting that a lot because all last week it was "Where's Daddy?" (Since Damien hasn't worked in the past four months, they really got used to him being home all day). When we picked Orin up in the afternoon he was just as excited has he had been in the morning and had had a great time. Here are a few things I like about the school.

1. It's cheap (or at least cheaper than other preschools).
2. It's literally right across the street from our apartment and takes about 2 minutes to walk to.
3. I can actually watch Orin playing on the play ground from our front porch if I want to.
4. Although the school is open from 7:45am to 12:45pm, 7:45am to 9am is free time so as long as we drop him off before 9am, he isn't missing anything. Monday we took him around 8:45am so I have a feeling that will be the norm.
5. The teachers and directors are all believers. And although we aren't always necessarily planning for our children to go to Christina schools, it's nice to have that at his young age. Each day they have a Bible Story and the teachers pray with them. And just the fact that their Faith is the basis for everything they do with the kids is comforting.
6. In the future, I can help out there once or twice a week and get an even bigger discount!
7. You can actually drop off your kids off every so often if you need to have a free morning. So if I have an appointment or something I can actually drop Micaiah off for the same price as Orin goes, and he would participate in the 2 year old class for the morning. I think this is a great option!

2 comments:

Margaret September 27, 2008 at 2:45 AM  

Ah, I almost cried when I read he had his first day at school and saw the picture. He looks SO big in it! I'm glad he was happy and excited about it.

-C September 29, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

what a great perk!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP