Happy 30th Birthday Babe
>> Friday, December 12, 2008
So, this is better late than never. Damien's birthday was at the beginning of November and I'm just now posting about it. My excuse is that I couldn't get the video uploaded which is much more fun than just pictures. Now that doing it through YouTube is working well, I'll probably post more videos. For Damien's b-day we just had a family party with the 4 of us. I made Chicken Parmesan (one of his favorites) for dinner and Banana Split Cake for desert. Every year his mom would lovingly make it for his birthday so now it's my job. Luckily I love it too. The kids weren't so sure. Orin made us take all of the bananas off and Micaiah had us remove the pecans (a man after my own heart). Damien said that as Daspits they HAVE to like Banana Split Cake (I think he'd be devastated if they didn't) so I'm hoping that as they grow out of this very picky phase, it will grow on them. I could write a bunch of nice things about how wonderful he is (which is totally true) but since I've done it in the past you might as well just read it there (to save me some time).
Micaiah LOVES candles. I don't think it's necessarily the fire, but the whole "birthday" process. He loves to sing the song and blow out the candle. Every time he sees a lit candle (birthday candle or not) he wants to sing and blow it out. It's always fun to see whose name he inserts in the song. He's not quite able to blow out the candle but always wants to try. We stuck on in his slice and sang again.
With the two of them blowing they got it out!
No caption - just a cute shot.
What do you expect? The man hates having his picture taken (what man doesn't?)
And here is the video of us singing happy birthday. This was the third time we lit the candles and sang. They would have gone on all night if we had let them.



1 comments:
That's right!! It was 30!! I forgot.... At least I sent him a card on time this year. :) Wonder which of his Christmas wish gifts will be his birthday present THIS year? ;) (Poor Damien always has to wait till Christmas to get his birthday gift from us. Now it's just become a tradition.)
Post a Comment