Our First Family Tree

>> Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Since we're almost always in New Orleans for Christmas, we've never gotten a tree with just our little family. Growing up, every year we went to cut down a tree. I LOVED that tradition so we're adopting it too. Since we won't actually be here for Christmas, we decided to just get a small tree. We actually love it and will probably go with a three or four foot tree every year! Easier to carry, put up, decorate and cheaper too. I'll post some pictures of it up tomorrow.

I don't get many pictures with me and the boys so I have to post the one in a million!






















Each kid had a try (per the tradition). Orin wasn't too sure and only did it for a minute.

















Well, I had to bribe them to get it, but it's worth it. Too cute!

















They couldn't get enough of the hot apple cider. I love the drip on Caiah's chin.
















They had some fun swings hanging from a tree. Orin had a hard time staying up on this one.

















It's practically impossible to get a picture with all of us looking at the camera (and I can tell you, Damien and I aren't the problem.)
















Ok
, so these are out of order but I don't feel like fixing it. After last Christmas, I got a couple of Christmas items on clearance. One was a Veggie Tales Nativity. Orin LOVES it!

















Caiah's
turn to saw!





















I thought this was cute. Orin put everyone around baby Jesus to look at Him.
































Hunting for a tree!






















I always say that I have the fastest child in the world and the slowest one. Here is the evidence of the slowest. Always 20 feet behind us. At least he looks cute doing it!
















Ironically, this was on the way to the tree farm. We did a few errands and the day ended up being longer than we expected. At least they were awake and ready when we got there!

4 comments:

the reilly's December 10, 2008 at 9:54 AM  

That's funny Payten is our fast one and Lilly is our slow one.

Andy December 10, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

great pic. it looks like fun. we are going to start that tradition next year. we are going to be in nola for christmas. are you guys going to be there and when? we come in on the 19th and leave the sunday after christmas

rajrae December 10, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

So glad to see you carrying on the tradition! Really cute pictures. I hope they still feel like decorating ours when you get back. LOL At least it's finally UP in the den. (But still wrapped in the net.)

Shannon December 11, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

I love that tradition. We did that as kids too. Looks like a fun time for everyone. The boys are cute and I love the way Orin had them all look at baby Jesus.
That is Kassi's favorite toy.. The Manger scene. It is cut to watch them play with it.

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP