Random Thought
>> Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I don't use use my blog as a devotional outlet. Some people do. It's just not me. But today I was reading in Jeremiah and came to two verses that really caught my attention. It's not like they are more profound than any other Bible verses, but I guess they made an impact on me more because of what I'm trying to focus on right now in my walk. There are plenty of versus on this same subject all over the Bible (namely Paul's writings about "boasting in the Lord." But something about the context of Jeremiah and they way the verses are phrased made me think twice (or read twice).
Jeremiah 9:23-24
"Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understand and knows Me,
That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight," says the Lord.
I pray that one day, the only thing I will glory in is understanding knowing the Lord!



1 comments:
Thank you. I appreciate the words that are written.
Post a Comment