The first of the lasts
>> Saturday, May 8, 2010
As we finish up some of our spring activities I'm starting to realize it's the last time we'll be doing them. We had our final Awana and Mainly Music last week. It was sort of sad because we've really enjoyed them this year. I know we'll have a lot of "lasts" over the next few months and it's sad that they are starting already...
AWANA has been such a huge blessing this year. I loved Awana as a kid. I had no idea what they would think about it. My main (but no only so I don't feel too bad) motivation initially was so that Damien and I could have a date night together. With no family around, it's hard to actually get a chance to go out alone. Having a date every week was so wonderful. Even after Sora came it was nice to get out just with her. What I didn't expect is for how much the kids would LOVE it. Every time we would pick them up they would be so excited for what they had done that night. They did a great job with their Bible verses. I probably wasn't as on top of things as I should have been and there were some weeks that we didn't look at it until Sunday. But there were plenty of times we worked on it all week and they tried very hard. We will definitely miss Awana next year! Here is a picture of the closing ceremony they had. The boys were so cute and proud to be on stage.
Caiah and I have really loved having Mainly Music over the last 18 months. It's such a great ministry by the church since it's so cheap ($1) compared to the other options for music with your kids. Since it's been on Mondays when Orin is in school, it was always a special time for just him and I. I think he looked forward to it more because of that then the actual music.
I have some pictures of our last day. There were a million people there since it was our last class so it was a little chaotic. We all brought snacks for the kids to enjoy after and they set up a few bounce houses. It was a fun time.
He always has to concentrate so hard to spin the drum.
Can you find Micaiah?
Caiah really enjoyed the snacks afterward. I think he went back for 3rds!
At first Sora loved the bounce house. She walked around and laughed.
That lasted for about 3 minutes and she was done.
"Get me out of this thing!"
Then she was really happy to run around everywhere.
Micaiah of course loved every minute.



1 comments:
i have never been to Awana's and sadly my kids will never go to it either... this makes me so sad. I would have loved for them to have experienced this!
Post a Comment