Our mother's day

>> Monday, May 10, 2010

I had a great day. Damien tried really hard to make it nice for. I think he was worrying so much about me that he forgot to call his mom! Actually, we talked about it a few times during the day and then somehow we realized it was midnight and we hadn't called! Damien let me sleep in Saturday and Sunday which was so nice. Seriously, if that was all he did I would be perfectly happy. We had my favorite food right now (Indian). He and the boys went to the grocery store and picked out a special cake and some chocolate covered cherries for me. They also got some nice princess plates. I guess the boys had wanted to get me a princess cake but there wasn't one. Damien had Orin and Micaiah list all of the things that I do for them. It was hilarious and sweet (things like wiping them when they poop, or holding them up to wash their hands when they can't reach the sink). I wish I had written them all down.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I have a wonderful mom and now I'm a mom to three amazing kids. I truly think they are the cutest, smartest, funniest, more adorable kids in the world. I'm not biased, right? There are days I'm overwhelmed with their cuteness. Of course, not that I don't have moments/days that I want to pull my hair out. There are plenty of times I have to count to 10 to calm myself before dealing with issues and times I am going to go crazy if I hear one more argument or whine. Days where we get to the end of the day and I know I wasn't the best mom I could be and that I wasn't the mom God wants me to be. But for the most part our days are filled with fun and happiness and I'm so thankful to be doing the job I always dreamed of doing.

A few pictures from our day. This was at the restaurant after church. We were waiting for our food which was taking forever. Sora was starving. We gave her the fry from our onion rings. Yes, we're bad parents...but at lest she's smiling!

The waiter must have seen the horror of a 12 month old eating onion ring fry and brought us some crackers. Sora was happy.

When we got home the boys wanted us to put on their Awana ribbons - don't ask me why. But they looked so cuter and proud.


They had to do a silly picture of course.

The cake and plates they picked out.




Sora trying to reach Orin's cake.

Orin wanted to take a picture of me eating mine.

At church Micaiah made a cute card and it had a tea packet in it. He was SO excited about it and couldn't wait for me to make it. He wanted a taste too.

Sora looking cute and happy after getting a few bites herself.

These two are two peas in a pod. Seriously, he can get her to laugh like no one else. Well, as long as she is in the mood. It's like a love-hate relationship from her end. He ALWAYS loves her. Don't ask me what kind of game this is, but they were having fun.

Then Sora was over it.

1 comments:

-C May 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

So sweet! I definitely missed Doug's help this year to celebrate Mother's Day, but the Teas we did at their school were extra fun too. Can't wait to see you ... we'll be there around lunch/early afternoon on Friday ... boys are skipping school. :)

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP