The ABCs of our India Trip - Part 1

>> Monday, January 16, 2012

Ok, so I know this is dorky, but I was trying to find a way to organize a lot of the main events/thoughts from our trip and this is what I came up with. Most letters have pictures associated with them and it will be spread out over quite a few posts because I have a million pictures.

A is for Anniversary. Our 13th anniversary was on Monday Jan 2nd which was the first day of the actual workshop - and which Damien and I both completely forgot about…until January 4th when another couple said it was their anniversary and we were like, “Wait, what date is today?” Woops. I guess that is what happens when you take a trip like this over your anniversary.

B is for Bright, Beautiful Colors. You can’t help but notice the beautiful colors of the women’s clothing and of many of the buildings. Much of the area we were is was very much a desert and the bright colors liven things up so much. I’ve also heard that it’s much harder to see dirt on your clothes when they are bright so they purposely wear colors like that.

Women waiting for the bus.

A bakery in the tiny town about 10 minutes from us.


There were lots of women carrying things on their heads - from baskets, to sticks, to vegetables. It was impressive.

This was road right outside of the compound we were living on. It was always full of people walking back and forth - usually carrying something.


C is for Cows. Like EVERYWHERE. I sort of knew this but seeing it is another thing. On the sidewalks of the large city of Bangalore. Right outside the front door of small village houses. Walking down the middle of the street with their owners. Any time we drove somewhere we were often slowing down to wait for the cows to get out of the way. They are highly valued here and sometimes even worshiped so people take very good care of them.







D is for Dusty. I’m not sure if all of India is this way, but where we were was SO dusty. Partly because of the land and partly because of lack of rain. My feet in Thailand get so dirty – but this is on a whole other level. By the end of the day the kids legs and feet were black. And even though the cement floor in our apartment was swept daily (sometimes multiple times) it was still always dusty from the dust coming in through the screens. Damien commented how the place looked less green because there was so much dust on the grass and trees that the colors were muted.








0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP