March in Thailand

>> Sunday, April 29, 2012

I seem to take a lot (too many) miscellaneous pictures that have no story or reason for their own post. So here are 29 random pictures.

One thing we see a lot of on our walks to and from school is road kill. And rats are what we see most often. And a lot of times they are BIG. (shudder)

Sora started rolling away while we were looking at the rat - woops!

Right next door to our house is Kumon. So from about 3 to 6 every day our street is crazy. But one neat thing is that we also have quite a few food stalls right outside our gate during those times. Sometimes if I'm desperate we'll go out and get some hot dogs and chicken on a stick for dinner.

I saw this lady carrying a dog in a baby carrier...I thought it was insane. But apparently it's not that unheard of.

"Shredded Mayonnaise Loaf Bread." No thank you!

We went to an umbrella factory when a friend was visiting. I love the colors of the umbrellas and monks.

At the umbrella factory they will paint on whatever you want (shirts, purses, pants, phones, hands). Sora wasn't so sure about it but once she was done she loved her butterfly.


There is a tourist spot in Chiang Mai called Tiger Kingdom where you can go and be in cages with tigers (yes, it's as crazy as it sounds). Friends who were visiting wanted to go. One of the best thing to do at places like this is to read the signs. The grammar, spelling, punctuation is awesome.
 

Sora loves tigers. Like LOVES them. 


This tiger was in a tiny little cage. The oldest tigers people can be with are 2 years - any older and they are too dangerous. At one point this one was not happy and was eyeing Sora. He was freaking me out.

So I ended up going into to a cage because you had to buy one just to get into the park. You may or may not be able to see the fear on my face - but I can promise you, it was there!





 


 Micaiah's class had a little performance for us at the end of the semester. He was a cute little monster.

I was so excited to have my friend Amy from college come and visit. It was her birthday so we took her to my favorite ice cream parlor (Buds Ice Cream) and had a nice little party.


A little boy in Micaiah's class was leaving for the year and brought suckers for each kid. I thought it was cute how they were all just sitting there.

During mango season in Thailand, a dessert called "Mango & Sticky Rice" is available everywhere. It is SO good. Even Dairy Queen likes to offer it in a fun way.

This one speaks for itself.

Damien had to get an x-ray. For some reason I got a kick out of the door.

Micaiah, Sora and I went to the zoo spontaneously one day and this is the sign in front. Micaiah loves Chaing Mai!
  
So we have this problem during cool season when it rains that these flying ants come and invade our house. Its really bad. We basically have to turn off every light in the house or they find way in (even with all of the windows and doors closed). We were eating popcorn one night when we had an invasion. Since they couldn't eat in completely darkness we put the boys in the bathroom and turned off every other light in the house. They thought it was fun and even started playing a little game. They would put a corn kernel on the pot handle, and then play rock/paper/scissors and whoever one got to eat the piece of popcorn. It was too cute.

Yay for Slip-N-Slides in hot weather!




0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP