A Glimpse of D-Town: Our Kitchen

>> Friday, October 29, 2010

So for the last 4 weeks we've been living in an Apartment building called D-Town. I think it was originally a hotel and I think you can still pay a nightly rate. As I've said before, everything regarding CLI has happened in this building which has been so nice. We've lived in some unusual places and we can definitely add this to the list. :-) It hasn't necessarily been the easiest place to live. I want to remember what it was like so I'm doing a couple of posts on it. I'll probably mostly write about things that give this place "character" but I certainly don't want to make it sound like I'm complaining. It's just that all of the interesting things about this place are all of the things that make it different from a normal house/apartment.


So here is a picture of our kitchen. As you can see, we don't do much cooking. I'm really thankful to have the sink at least to wash dishes. Once we had gotten sick of having Thai food for both lunch and dinner we started making some peanut butter & jelly and cheese sandwiches. A few people bought microwaves and hot plates for their places, but since we don't know if our house will already have those things in them we didn't want to buy any for ourselves. The child care/lunch room had a microwave and toaster that we would go up and use if we really needed it. But let me tell you, it will certainly make me appreciate a "real" kitchen if I ever have one again. :-) There was no trash can in the entire place so we bought one...we figure you can never have too many trash cans even if our new house has one! When we first arrived we were given a welcome pack with some disposable plastic plates, cups and silverware and other "necessities" which have lasted pretty well.

This is the other part of our kitchen. Even people in houses have pretty small fridges compared to those in the US. This one is smaller than most though. We ended up buying this little kids table because we didn't have a table and I was getting really sick of making sandwiches on the floor. The kids love eating on it and it has the English and Thai alphabet so hopefully one day it will help learn our Thai ABCs. :-) The crate in the corner is our drinking water.

So we're staying here until we find a house. We'd definitely be open to moving whenever God reveals it's time!

2 comments:

Nina October 30, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

I think living in 2 room basement for 1.5 yrs without your own kitchen kind of prepared you for this. :) Happy House Hunting!

Courtney November 4, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

wow. WOW! i can't believe that's your kitchen!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP