A Glimpse of D-Town: Bedrooms

>> Monday, November 8, 2010

Ok, this maybe be boring, but I know our families would like to see more of where we are living. I guess it's also good for me to remember these short, but interesting days of living here.

The main thing that surprised me about the apartment was the size. It's way bigger than I expected. Not that it's big. It's probably about 600 sq. ft. But I was really expecting a postage stamp-sized place. I was thinking that mostly because the guest house where we stayed in Korea was SOOOO tiny. I mean, a double bed barely fit in the bedroom with a tiny little aisle on one side. I was so thankful that this was much bigger than that. Of course, it may also seem bigger because the lack of a kitchen and the lack of furniture. But, nonetheless, it feels roomy. I'm also
thankful that we have AirCon in both bedrooms. We don't have it in the living room and it gets pretty hot in there...I can't imagine sleeping like that. One of the worst parts of the apartment - the electrical outlets. In our room there is one outlet (not a double one like most outlets in the US...just one place to plug something in). In the boys room there is a double outlet, and in the den there is one outlet. That's it! None in the bathrooms. Needless to say, it's been a pain. We bought a surge protector for plugging in the laptops. We keep it in the living room and it has 6 outlets in it...so needless to say, we're unplugging and plugging things in an awful lot.

Our bedroom. Pretty much just two twin beds and one armoire. We've pushed the beds together, but I'm a little worried that when we actually start sleeping in the same bed again it will take me a while to get back used to it. I'm looking forward to it, but I've been surprised how much less I've been waking up during the night!

The boys bedroom. Exactly the same as ours. There is a suitcase on the floor with all of their toys but that is about it. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pictures, but the walls are disgusting. Seriously, the dirtiest walls I've ever seen. Every house in Thailand has concrete walls (unless it's an older style Lanna house that is made of wood). And every house I've seen has pretty dirty walls. I'm guess that concrete is harder to keep clean than sheet-rock.

The third bedroom...oh, wait, there are only two bedrooms. So poor Sora has been relegated to the bathroom. Thankfully we have two bathrooms because it would be really difficult to have her in with the boys. We put a fan in the bathroom and it really keeps it nice and cool.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP