Settling In
>> Saturday, April 19, 2008
Wow, I can't believe it's been ten days since I've posted. We've been quite busy. Actually, before Damien came things were pretty laid back. There wasn't much to do but lay around. It was pretty nice. I got a "vacation" pass at Jazzercise so I could work out a little. I finally found a gym here on the west bank that actually provides day-care. There aren't many around here that do. I think I'll try to get a three month pass starting next week. With all the wonderful (and fattening) food we've been eating I'll definitely need to exercise. I've found that I miss it too. Damien finally made it in last Sunday afternoon. I know he was very relieved to get here. His trip was pretty miserable. The seat in the U-haul would go back far enough so he spent sixteen hours sitting too close to the accelerator (with no cruise-control) which was pretty painful for his ankle. The CD player wasn't working either which rendered the book on CD that he had brought pretty useless. In Knoxville (almost half-way home) he stopped at Wal-mart and purchase a portable one. The kids were very excited to see him and Orin wouldn't let him leave his side for a few hours. We spent Sunday night unpacking the U-haul and then Monday and Tuesday organizing everything. Even after just one week I'm completely spoiled at having Damien home during the day - I know it will be even more spoiled after a few months and it's going to be hard going back to being a "single parent" during the day. Although things were crazy this week, we've enjoyed just spending time together. We've tried to start doing things around Mimie's (Damien's mom's) house that need to be done. Since she is at work during the day and at Bible study or some other sort of activity at night, we have the house mostly to ourselves. We went to Dinner at my parent's house on Wednesday and will be there tomorrow afternoon and likely will spend the night. It's nice to be able to relax and not have to try to squeeze as much time in with everyone during seven or so days that we normally have during visits. The kids have had a blast with their cousins and are already all best friends. I'm already dreading how hard it will be for Orin when we leave. It's going to be a fun summer!



0 comments:
Post a Comment