1st day of school & 1st sick day from school

>> Sunday, August 14, 2011

Recap of our first morning of school:


- Orin went to bed and woke up with a fever. Poor kid misses his first day.

- It's sprinkling as I leave the house with Micaiah. We walk to school because walking takes about 6 minutes and driving takes at least twice as long...sometimes up to 20 minutes. So unless it's really raining we walk.

- Micaiah was so excited. When I dropped him off two kids were SCREAMING. I felt bad for the teacher who was trying to be excited and welcome the new kids with the two screamers right there. I think Micaiah was totally confused by it all. But he did great and I was so proud of him.

- I walk back over to where Orin's class was lining up (this is done outside) just in case his teacher had any instructions. It starts pouring. Like, POURING. The teacher is trying to talk to the kids and no one can hear anything.

- Electricity goes off and was still off as I'm leaving the school. Hope it's back on by now!

- It keeps pouring. I have an umbrella but by the time I get home my clothes are completely soaked.

- When I get in Orin is just lying on the floor of the playroom. I guess it's another trip to the Doctor today. I'm praying he's well enough to go to school tomorrow.

Interesting start to the first day! Hope it's not an indication of how the year will go!

Oh, and I forgot my camera. I took one of Micaiah with my phone bit it's not the best.




3 comments:

Julie August 15, 2011 at 3:10 AM  

Wow, school starts early there, so sorry he is sick, praying he is better as I type this!

Nina August 15, 2011 at 5:17 AM  

He looks so excited! Another milestone!

Feel so bad about Orin. I hope they can fix him up really fast so he can go. :(

Mimie August 15, 2011 at 4:51 PM  

I love the photo of Micaiah. You can see the excitement written all over his face. I know how much he could not wait to go to school. I am so delighted you could swing 2 days. So sorry about Orin. I too will be praying he will be well for tomorrow. Tell them both I am so happy for them and love them so much!!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP