Spontaneous day at the zoo
>> Saturday, August 27, 2011
And by spontaneous, I mean we were dropping Damien off at work and I asked Micaiah if he wanted to go to the zoo. He said yes and we were off! So we dropped off daddy and headed there. I don't think I've been to the zoo with just me and the kids in - well ever. We're always there with friends. Sora, Miciaiah had a great time. I really need to do it more often.
We decided to ride the monorail. We've never done it before but we should have because it is so cheap and fun!
It stopped at four places so we got out and walked around and saw the animals at each stop. I liked this sign. Obviously, it was a confusing translation. But I had Damien read and this is our take: "If you ride the elephants today than you will be able to meet a small, newly born elephant." Then, at the bottom where it says "soon" I think it's supposed to be translated to "right now" or "immediately." Of course, that's only our amateur translation but I have a feeling it's at least a little closer than the one they have up there. :-)
Both of them are actually smiling if you can believe it. We definitely need to work on those fake smiles!
Sora is deathly afraid of birds in cages. We can go in a aviary and she doesn't have a problem but if I make her go close to a bird case (big or small) she freaks out. It's actually pretty funny.



2 comments:
the 7-11 is pretty funny. I love that you took a picture of her crying...I do that to the boys too and Zach is like "stop taking a picture and come here to help me... obviously they need your help." lol. And it must have been hot.... wow. Love the translation... awesome, we have lots of those around here too and they crack me up.
I remember that zoo. What a fun day that was! Hope to see it again with you all. I love the picture of Micaiah and Sora holding hands. So sweet!
Post a Comment