Do you say you're dyeing Easter eggs if you do it in August?
>> Wednesday, August 3, 2011
I've had two cute little egg dyeing kids (Car's and Star Wars, of course) that I bought two years ago but we never used. The kids have been begging me but it never seemed like we had the free time and enough eggs at the same time. :-)
The kids were so excited. I'm pretty sure we've never dyed eggs before. It was so cute because they were so surprised as we set everything up. It was a little different dying brown eggs, and the yellow didn't work, but I think the colors came out pretty.

He did the one egg and then passed out. He has strep throat/tonsillitis (one or the other because the doctor didn't do any tests (surprise, surprise) but his tonsil was almost as big as a golf ball) and has had a fever for the past 5 days and not eaten anything for two days. No wonder the little guy is exhausted!

I carried him to the couch and Orin was so sweet and went upstairs and got his blanket and two of his stuffed animals.

...and tucked them in right next to Micaiah.

This morning I brought him to a clinic that someone had recommended. Poor guy was so sick that the Tylenol wasn't keeping his fever down anymore. I actually set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night to check on him...I've NEVER done that before. It takes a lot to get me worried enough to miss sleep. :-) I saw the clinic on list of doctor recommendations - it's a little far away but the doctor was actually great. She spoke English so well and did an actual exam. Micaiah has been saying for DAYs that his stomach hurts. With the vomiting and diarrhea he had I thought for sure it was what Damien had...a bacterial intestinal infection. But as soon as she looked in his throat she knew what it was. She asked him three times and he would NOT say that his throat hurt when he swallowed. He didn't even realize that he couldn't eat for two days because of the throat pain, not his stomach and that his stomach was in such pain because he hadn't eaten. Even though he was keeping water down she said he was pretty dehydrated. I was just thankful I found a doctor who has regular office hours that we can see if our other pediatrician doesn't have his evening clinic that day.
This morning I brought him to a clinic that someone had recommended. Poor guy was so sick that the Tylenol wasn't keeping his fever down anymore. I actually set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night to check on him...I've NEVER done that before. It takes a lot to get me worried enough to miss sleep. :-) I saw the clinic on list of doctor recommendations - it's a little far away but the doctor was actually great. She spoke English so well and did an actual exam. Micaiah has been saying for DAYs that his stomach hurts. With the vomiting and diarrhea he had I thought for sure it was what Damien had...a bacterial intestinal infection. But as soon as she looked in his throat she knew what it was. She asked him three times and he would NOT say that his throat hurt when he swallowed. He didn't even realize that he couldn't eat for two days because of the throat pain, not his stomach and that his stomach was in such pain because he hadn't eaten. Even though he was keeping water down she said he was pretty dehydrated. I was just thankful I found a doctor who has regular office hours that we can see if our other pediatrician doesn't have his evening clinic that day.



0 comments:
Post a Comment