Hong Kong Highlights - Part 1

>> Saturday, April 30, 2011

Well, it's only taken me about two months to get some pictures up of our Hong Kong trip. Ridiculous. I have a million pictures but since I know no one is interested in seeing a million pictures I picked as few as I could. Still too many probably. Like I wrote when we first got back from our trip, we absolutely LOVED Hong Kong. It has been dream of Damien's to go there for so long and I'm so glad we were able to do it. Here are a few snapshots of our 5 days there.

Our flight got in at 9pm so we were out searching for dinner around mid-night. It was a fun introduction to the city!

We traveled on my actual birthday so we didn't really get to celebrate. So when we woke up the next day Damien surprised me by bringing us to an Indian Buffet. It was AMAZING! It tasted just like my favorite place in DC. Oh, how I miss it!

We did a lot of this! Seriously, TONs of walking. I was so thankful for the Ergo and I'm glad Sora doesn't mind being in it all day. The boys did really well. There was definitely complaining here and there but what can you expect when you're out from 10am to 11pm for 5 days! Oh, and another interesting thing is that somehow we failed to check the weather before we went. We're in our own little bubble here in Chiang Mai and we forget that it's not HOT everywhere in March. We get to Hong Kong and the highs are supposed to be in the 60's! So we spent the first few hours of the first day trying to find jackets for everyone since the only thing we brought was shorts and t-shirts!

We took the tram up to Victoria Peak. The city is truly amazing! A million high rise building built in the middle of huge hills/mountains and right on the beach. Crazy. Victoria is one of the highest mountains in the city and has amazing views! There is a big mall at the top too. And we found this great little playground. The kids were pretty tired at this point and were absolutely crazy.

The views from The Peak were incredible. It's too bad it was overcast most of the days we were there. Still, even hazy, it was amazing.


A late night ice cream break! Poor Sora was napping and missed out.

On the way back the first night we stumbled across another playground. It was crazy because it was almost 10pm and there were a ton of people there with their kids. I loved it. We're really late night people and in Chiang Mai the streets are deserted by 8pm in some places. I love this picture because that's our hotel in the background! We were looking for a cheaper place so we found this great hotel outside of the city (well, still in the city but about a 20 minute train ride from the main, touristy part of the city). It was great to be in a more "local" area, and we were the only non-Asian people staying there. We were on the 69th floor!!!! But we did spend a lot of time just getting from place to place. So we saved money but definitely lost out of some time just traveling around.

Another cool thing was that the hotel was holding the International Wushu championship. Wushu is what we refer to as Kung Fu. There were hundreds of people from all over the world competing. So we dropped in to the competition one day. It was so cool to watch and the boys (all 3 of them) really enjoyed it. One of many things we've gotten to experience since moving here that I never thought I would.
Part 2 coming soon!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP