A Trip to the Market
>> Monday, April 4, 2011
We figured we need to take Mimie to a Chiang Mai Market so she could really get a feel for the city. It's fun to see some of the CRAZY things they sell there. I sometimes go to the market because veggies and fruits are a bit cheaper, but I'm not sure if I'll ever buy meat at one.
Mimie's first ride in a Songthaew!
Warorot Market - it's the biggest market in Chiang Mai. I think it used to be the only market in the city. It's pretty incredible! This is a booth with random dried seafood - yuck! Just the smell makes me a little nauseous.
Anyone for live eel?
Chicken or Pork? Stomach or Liver? Intestine or Tongue? I buy fruits and veggies from the market - but I just can't bring myself to buy the raw meat.
More dried fish and seafood.
Garlic everywhere!
Anything you could ever want!
Micaiah got some new crocs (fake ones) for about $1.50. He was so excited!
Mimie's favorite thing about Chaing Mai - Watermelon Shakes!
Standing by the Ping River. This River joins with three other rivers and goes all of the way down to Bangkok! As you can see, it's not the cleanest river in the world. :-)
This is in a Wat (Buddhist Temple) that we walk through to get market. Orin and Micaiah think it's so funny and they always walk up there just because they can and I can't. :-)
Sora enjoying her new toy that Mimie got for her at the market.



0 comments:
Post a Comment