Chiang Mai Flower Festival

>> Friday, February 17, 2012

The week before we went to the Strawberry Festival in Samoeng, we went to the Chiang Mai Flower Festival. It was another fun afternoon just soaking in Thai culture. (Well, once we actually got there - it took about 30 minutes of driving around to find a parking space.)


There were a bunch of floats all decorated completely with real flowers. It's pretty neat.




This float had images of the king all over this float. It was pretty amazing.

Amazing!

There was a small tree and flower competition. I thought these were pretty cool.


So many floats!

Seafood on a stick. It wouldn't be bad if it was the kind of seafood I actually eat.


The festival was right outside and inside this cute little park that we go to often. But I've never seen so many people there. It was incredible.

I don't know why they do this here, but they always have random tags on clothes they sell. They must get leftover tags and just stick them on - even if they aren't the same brand as what they are selling. This was even funnier because it was a women's size pair of jeans with a Carter's size 3 month tag.

It still felt pretty local, but since the festival was inside of the moat there were quite a few tourists there. At the strawberry festival we saw maybe 3 or 4 white people the entire time.

The kids played in the bounce house, we got some Chaa Yen (Thai Milk Tea), ate Roti, got the kids the cutest little deserts for 1 Baht (3 cents) each. It was really fun.


1 comments:

Mom February 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM  

Wow, those floats are beautiful, and that's pretty amazing they are all covered with REAL flowers.

The tag! LOL!! Another funny and odd Thailand "thing." :)

Have you ever been brave enough to try the squid on a stick? I mean, shouldn't it just taste like fried calamari? I guess that does not LOOK like a squid so maybe it's different. :)

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP