Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia! Part 3

>> Friday, February 3, 2012

At the end of the last day of the conference we were bombarded with people wanting to take pictures. I have never seen that before. People were so sweet and happy that we were there – and they also probably rarely see westerners – so they wanted pictures. I felt like it was my wedding day. My cheeks hurt so bad when we were done. But it was great memories. And I pray that these people will have the tools to record their precious languages. 














That night we celebrated by going to “downtown” (I used that term liberally) Kota Kinabalu to an Italian place. It was yummy. The drive there was beautiful. 



My flight left later that night. I couldn’t get a flight back to Chiang Mai so I slept in the airport hotel in Kuala Lumpur. It was a tiny, closet-sized room, but the bed was OH so comfortable. I saw this arrow in the corner. If freaked me out at first glance because I thought was an animal or bug or something. Then I was just curious what it was.

Walking to the plane. Air Asia's hub is in KL and they had row upon row of planes. Almost every time we had to walk REALLY far to get to the plane. It was funny.

I thought these clouds were awesome!

It was good to get home. Damien did surprisingly well with the kids apart from a few confusing times when he wasn’t sure how to handle schedules. But I think I can do it again sometime and he will support it. It was a great trip!

1 comments:

Mom February 3, 2012 at 5:32 PM  

Oh, glad I came to see if you had added anything new! Wonderful posts - so glad to hear more about the Malaysia trip.

Do you have a new camera? Your pics are amazing! How great you had that wonderful view when you had to be away from the family for a few days.

I know the feeling exactly -it's nice to get away but you miss them terribly. But it's nice. LOL

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP