Day of prayer

>> Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yesterday was day of prayer. While we were at training camp (two years ago this month) we were able to participate in day of prayer 2006. The entire agency spent the day groups or as individuals in prayer. Most people don't work. Yesterday was our first day of prayer since we were officially working. There were organized prayer groups all day, as well as people just spread out on their own over the center. There was even child care all day so everyone could participate. Unfortunately, we didn't know about, But next year we'll take advantage of it. Orin had school in the morning, so Damien and I took Micaiah to Chick-fil-A for breakfast and then to the park. While he was playing at each place, we read from 'The Harper Collins Book of Prayers.' It's difficult to close your eyes and pray while you have a two year old running around, so it was really neat to read from this book which is a compilation of prayers from many people. It's sort of like praying with a group of people - but the person who is praying isn't there. After lunch, Damien went to a prayer meeting specifically to pray for language software (software that helps the Bible translators with their work). They spent time praying for the work as well as the missionaries in doing this work - many who are having financial, health and a few even marital difficulties. Damien came home to watch the kids while I went to the "closing" which was a communion prayer service. It was nice to feel connected to other missionaries here. Since I'm not working in the office, I don't have a huge connection to what is going on apart from what Damien tells me and from the few people I've met. It was nice to feel a part of things and hear about work going on around the world as well as pray and take the Lord's Supper with so many incredibly dedicated people; many who have been with the organization for 40+ years and have given their lives in service to Bible Translation. I certainly don't pray for Bible translation as often as I should - or pray for anything as much as I should. It's sad that we need to have a day of prayer to remind us that we should be constantly praying ever day. But I'm very glad that we do it as an organization and I'm looking forward to being able to participate even more next year.

1 comments:

Shannon November 13, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

It is always good to reminded how important prayer is in our lives. It is way to easy to get caught up in all the daily things and to forget how important that communication between our Heavenly Father and ourselves is. Thanks for sharing. I should have more days like that.

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP