A Happy Halloween
>> Sunday, November 1, 2009
Our kids are obsessed with Star Wars right now. We got a few Star Wars Lego's from the boutique a few months ago and since then that's all they play with. Orin loves Darth Vader and Micaiah loves Obi Wan Kenobi. It's so hilarious. They've never even seen the movie. Damien loved dressing up as a kid and he's been telling me we need to get them costumes. I haven't wanted to spend the money. We're not much into Halloween, but on Halloween day we ran by the store just to see what they had. Talk about last minute. We don't really have anything here dress-up wise. We got them two costumes on clearance! They were SO excited. That night we went to Truck or Treat at the church where they go to Awana. I couldn't believe how HUGE it was. There were hay rides, tons of bounce houses, a cupcake walk, puppet shows, a fire for making smores, pony rides, a petting zoo, etc... There were lots of people there but there were so many things to do that we didn't ever really even have to wait in line.
As we walked in someone was taking pictures and then they printed it out for us. Nice!
This was a fun little hay maze with candy buried all around. The kids could search for candy as they went through.The cutest Obi Wan ever!
Hockey Game. They were having so much fun.
I was surprised how much Caiah loved the pony ride. We should have done it twice...
Darth Vader on the pony. He kept the mask on for much of the evening. :-)
Micaiah thought this hen sitting on the goat was hilarious! He couldn't stop laughing.
Orin's favorite part was feeding the animals.
Yuck! Caiah kissing the goat. We had to put that to a stop right away! :-)
More games. One of the best parts about the night was that we were there for over two hours but we came home with very little candy. I guess there were enough non-candy activities to keep us busy. And after Damien and I went though and took out or favorites (don't tell the kids) there is probably only another 15-20 pieces. Perfect!
I think he was cheating a little - he looks too close to me! ;-)
The Awana Sparkie was even there. Micaiah thought he was just the funniest thing ever.
The cupcake walk. Three kids won each round.
Micaiah's turn.
I'm not sure if Micaiah thought you were supposed to do this or was just having fun, but he was hopping from carpet to carpet. Everyone was laughing at him...it was so cute.
Do you think he won a cupcake?



4 comments:
So cute those costumes, they look adorable.
i made cupcakes for our cupcake walk here... yum and I love their costumes... I am hoping to get some more when I come back, Eli loves his and he now wants and evil emperor one... never seen the movie and he is obsessed. crazy. they both want light saves too.
What a great event!! I'm so very impressed. The boys' costumes are great ... you can't beat clearance and this year I splurged more on their costumes since they've been so into costumes since we were given the spiderman ones. i know now that costumes will not just get one night's use. plus, it's really helped both of them to learn to dress/undress themselves since they're so motivated. :)
I should have stayed longer!! All this fun stuff after I left. So adorable. So nice you have these written and photo records of the fun times. LOVE seeing everything they do and those beautiful smiles.
Post a Comment