Why do reunions only happen at weddings and funerals?
>> Thursday, October 29, 2009
Well, at least this is true for my extended family. It seems like the only time I've seen anyone in the past 15 years is either at weddings or funerals. Unfortunately, we had another "reunion" a few weeks ago when my uncle (my mom's brother Hal) passed away unexpectedly. We were able to attend the memorial service in Fort Worth. I'm thankful that we're in the area and were able to be there. It was a beautiful service to remember all of the good and hard times in his life. The pastor of my Aunt's church who did the service did a great job and, most importantly, shared the gospel very clearly.
After the service we spent time at my Aunt's house catching up with everyone and remembering Uncle Hal. The church provided some wonderful dinner. They were such a blessing to my entire family through the entire first few day.
We knew we'd be there for a while so we let Orin play the Leapster for as long as he wanted. Think we need to cute that hair?
Some great pictures of my Uncle over the years.
The only thing better than playing the Leapster is play the Leapster with daddy!
Aunt Ruthie and I
I could just eat that face up!
Six of the 21 cousins!
Shawn, Ruthie & Terry
Donna & Alex
The Sims/Hartigan siblings.
I love this sweet face.
Micaiah loves for us to "read" this book to him. It's pretty much just an advertisement for all of the characters from the movie "Cars" that you can buy.



1 comments:
sorry for the reason for the reunion, but glad you got to see everyone...
okay, so what is this Leapster... do you recommend it? Do tell.
Post a Comment