Orin's first trip to the dentist
>> Thursday, December 24, 2009
I finally brought Orin in for his first dentist appointment. As I've mentioned before, I'm not the best at remembering to brush my kids teeth every day. I was a little afraid of what they would find. I made his appointment at the same time as Damien's so Orin could watch what they did Damien before he went. I think it really helped.
By chance, we had gotten the Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist at the library the week before. Orin loved reading it and couldn't wait to go himself. The only thing that worried him was that in the book the dentist pulled out a tooth. I really think the book helped him to know what to expect and not be scared of what she did.
You can tell here that he is a little nervous as the assistant puts the bib around his neck.
I was so proud of him. He sat completely still the entire time and did everything she told him to do. Best of all he had no cavities! Luckily for him Damien and I both have really good teeth.
I was so impressed by the dentist. We went to the clinic here on the center. Each day a different dentist volunteers their time to serve. I was a little worried we might not get someone who was used to working with kids, but she was awesome! Totally knew how to handle and talk to him.



1 comments:
i need to apologize, I am super far behind in blogging and reading blogs. I am going to catch up and read all about your adventures. I just logged on to add a friend to my google reader (which is ridiculously high) and I saw the title about the dentist.... Eli and Jasper are going on Monday I think, for the first time and I am nervous, I have great teeth but Zach has HORRIBLE. And Eli just lost his first tooth... so we will see. YAH Orin for doing such a great job!!!
Post a Comment