This is not the way you're supposed to get a Christmas Tree

>> Thursday, December 24, 2009

Well, at least not in my mind. Growing up we always went to a farm to cut down a tree. I truly think I've done it almost every year of my life. We went last year with the kids and fully planned to go this year. But with a few days out because of bad weather and another day out because of a Saint's Game, we decided it was better to just go to Home Depot and get one rather than waiting another week.

Amazingly, the kids had a blast. It had been raining like crazy for days and they loved splashing around in the puddles. We seem to have started a new tradition in our family by choosing the smallest tree we can possibly find. The kids don't seem to notice and Damien enjoys the entire process much more because it's so much easier to deal with a small tree than a large one. Plus, they are cheaper!

Which one should we choose?

This is it!
Like I said, they just loved splashing around.




I guess it had to happen at some point! I never thought I get a tree here. :-)

After we picked our tree the kids begged us to go inside the store. We thought they were crazy, but they insisted. And you know what, they LOVED it! Seriously we just went around the store and they were amazed. I think we spent 30 minutes just walking around. Obviously we don't go to Home Depot very often!



0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP