Sora Starts Anubaan! (Preschool)

>> Saturday, December 29, 2012

I put these on Facebook but I also wanted to have them on here so they would be in my Blog Book. Sora started Anubaan (Thai preschool) in October. We were worried about how she would adjust, but she has done amazingly well. Even though she still has some difficulties and struggles with separation and abandonment anxiety, she seems to be VERY extroverted and loves to be around people. The first few days she cried a bit, but since then she has been really brave. Sometimes we can see she's a bit nervous when we drop her off but she goes in without crying. She has two main teachers, Khru Jen and Khru Noi. But she also does PE as well as English class (which his her favorite, probably because it's the only class she really knows what is going on). I can already tell an improvement in her understanding of Thai and she's even a speaking a bit more. I know that after a year or two of this full immersion she will be fluent. We're so proud of her!

She loves wearing her uniform. Monday through Wednesday she wears this dress. She has specific shoes and socks she must wear. Although it is a full day school (7:30am - 4:30) I almost always pick her up at noon unless I am substituting that day. She doesn't seem to mind having to stay all day but I think she likes it better when I pick her up.




Standing outside the gate to the preschool.





This is her PE outfit. I can't imagine how this will be once it's hot season. One things for sure - it will be HOT! The pants are very thick. It doesn't seem the best outfit to be exercising in.




Every piece of clothes she has is monogrammed with her name.


The school is just around the corner from our house so we sometimes walk.


And then there is the Friday outfit. She just has to wear a traditional Thai outfit. This is her favorite outfit. We also have a yellow and blue one. I'll try to add the pictures once I take them. This backpack she is wearing is also part of her uniform. Each day she has to bring the backpack, her homework (which she has every night) and two boxes of milk to drink during the day. The school provides hot milk once per day and lunch. Sora also has a sheet, pillow case and PJs to wear during nap time. I'll have to take pictures of her in those as well!




0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP