Heard from our social worker today...
>> Tuesday, January 26, 2010
...and she said it's going to be at least another couple of weeks. :-( So disappointing. Only one family has gotten an approval to travel this year from our agency and I know there are a lot of families waiting like we are. It's so frustrating how random it is. If you're lucky enough to have your file land on the desk of a Korean Visa officer who is quick or trying to push things through you get called quicker. But if you're unlucky (like we seem to be) and get assigned to a slow-poke, you just wait and wait. I really hope it's early February...I can't even let myself imagine that it will be later than that or I'll just get too sad. This month has definitely been one of the longest in my life. I'm glad it's almost over!
We did get a bit of good news this week. We got an awesome (and much needed) grant from Shaohannah's Home. It's Steven Curtis Chapman's foundation for orphan awareness which does a lot of amazing things. We always planned to bring the boys with us to Korea but this past month we were wondering if we were actually going to be about to pull it off financially because of the cost of the plane tickets. Then God gave us this grant! It will cover their cost and some of ours! A true blessing.



5 comments:
that's awesome, renee!! about the grant... :-)
that is such a blessing about the grant... I am so sorry about having to wait. I hope going to the superbowl helps :) I am praying for you and that you get to get her soon! HUGS
how neat how God has provided to meet the desire of your heart. love it. praying for the perfect timing.
Oh honey. I'm so sorry for another delay. I have been really hoping for that call any day now. But I'm glad you found out so you won't be waiting for it every minute for two more weeks! At least you know. I'm glad she let you know. And the grant is such a blessing!! Love you!
Post a Comment