This isn't fun anymore

>> Saturday, January 16, 2010

Well, I'm not sure if it was ever FUN, but it certainly isn't now. The wait is getting HARD. I feel very blessed that it hasn't been too bad up until now. Before we got our referral I really thought that once we got it the wait to bring her home would be horrible. But I guess I had really been prepared for the wait. Each step went along pretty much as planned...even if a couple of things took longer than they should. I cried when our agency told us it wouldn't be until February...but it didn't make the waiting at that time any harder. We still had a couple more steps and I guess I still held out hope it would be in January. If we hadn't had the holidays to distract me, I think the hard part would have started even sooner - so I'm thankful for that. But today, on Sora's 9 month birthday, it's definitely the worst so far. When we got her referral in September I thought for sure we'd have her here for this day. Orin prays every night that she is safe and comes home soon. We have the house all set up - high chair, crib, clothes, etc. - all ready. I've packed some stuff for Korea. I even bought a little travel dictionary today. I was really hoping for a call last week. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time getting my heart to just settle on the fact that it's still at least 2 or 3 more weeks away. But I need to or they are going to be pretty miserable. I know she will come home exactly when God wants her to - and it will be the perfect timing. And that is comforting. But Lord, please give me patience.

Happy 9 months Sora! Hope we're with you to celebrate 10!

3 comments:

Julie January 17, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

i am sorry I have been such an aloof bloggy friend. I am sorry. We just got back to Hungary and I am trying to get through jet lag, today was the worst! I am praying that I will get over it quickly. All that to say... I wanted to log on my reader (even though the unread posts are overwhelming) and see how you were and the time frame for Sora. I didn't know it was pushed back to Feb. I am so sorry. I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND HER. HUGS...

Courtney January 17, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

wow...thanks for sharing! praying for His patience for you!

Michelle February 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

Sorry the wait is so long, it is so hard when you can't be with one of your children, praying for you.

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP