Who works out on Christmas?

>> Friday, January 15, 2010

Well, maybe most people don't think that's odd, but my Christmas usually consists of sitting around and eating too much. :-) My brothers really wanted to do a decent hike while we were in TN and Christmas day really was the only day it could happen. My dad graciously offered to watch the kids so I figured I needed to do the hike even if just for the free babysitting. :-)

I haven't worked out in a LONG time. Needless to say, I'm not in shape. We hiked Chimney Top which was a 4 mile hike...the distance wasn't what I was worried about. It was the 1,300ft. change in elevation (mostly the going UP part that concerned me). We went at a slow pace - mostly for my benefit. Still, half way through I was thinking "What am I doing here?" But it ended up not being too bad - meaning I wasn't miserable. The end the trail ended up being closed so we had to climb up this pretty steep rock face. It was a little nerve-wracking, but the view was beautiful.


The funny part about the hike was that I actually think the hiking scenery was just as cool - or cooler - than the view at the end. The Park had gotten that huge snow that had gone up through the Northeast right before Christmas. The day before we had driven through the park and there was snow everywhere and it was really really cold. That night it ended up raining and then getting really warm. TONs of snow melted. The water was coming down the mountain all over the place. It was beautiful. In many places the trail was like a stream...you could look around and see water coming down in little streams all over the place. Truly beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice at all.


I think I'm looking a little tired in this picture. :-)
Climbing to see the view at the end.
Andrew in front of the River! I am glad he brought his camera because that was the last thing I was worried about.
My beautiful sister!

1 comments:

Courtney January 16, 2010 at 5:48 AM  

so many beautiful pictures! of people AND God's creation!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP