December in Thailand

>> Monday, January 14, 2013

Lots of Random pictures from this month. This is a pile of lanterns from Yi Peng. When we wake up in the morning the day after Yi Peng, there are always tons of them everywhere. What goes up must come down, right? But supposedly, it's bad luck if they land in your yard (we always have tons in ours so almost everyone must have them) and it's bad luck to touch/move them. So often times they just sit in the middle of the road for days until someone is brave enough to take care of them. :)


We went to a waterfall one Saturday. It was 20 minute hike and the kids had a blast swimming.





One of the Chiang Mai FC Games was on the K**g's birthday. They hand out candles to everyone and we all listen to songs honoring him for about 10 minutes. This was our third year doing it so it feels like it's becoming a little tradition. :)



I love that everyone there was singing the song!


One day we tried to go see a movie (Rise of the Guardians) but it was completely sold out for two showings so we couldn't. We brought the kids to Swensen's (their favorite Ice Cream place) instead.



He's not mad...he just can't take a picture without making a face.

The last picture taken with my horrible phone camera. I was about to open my Christmas gift - a new camera!

A project Caiah's class made. It was just so cute. I love seeing him coming home covered in paint and glitter.

This child loves to swing!

Random picture of Sora. She likes having her picture taken.

The kids made Sugar Scrub for their teachers for Christmas. It was a fun easy gift to make. Caiah's was Lavender scented.


 Orin made Peppermint Sugar Scrub for his teacher.


Random bumper sticker. It's very unusual to see something like this. And I have no idea why it's in quotes. :)

My Aunt & Uncle gave me money to purchase a new helmet in the US. I feel so much safer with it than with the awful one I bought here.

 I've never seen a side-car like this here.

Daddy and Sora at a Christmas program we went to where the kids get to participate. She was very excited to get to dress as an angle.


Christmas Eve we went to McDonald's for breakfast. The kids wanted me to take this picture of them. Usually they protest when I take pictures so any time they ask me to do it I try to oblige.

So people here love to stick their kids in baskets or strollers that they are WAY too big for. It always gives me a little chuckle.


Pretending to take pictures of Sora while try to get a shot of the kid in the basket. ;)

One of our Advent day activities was Snowmen Pancakes for breakfast.

We are constantly amazed at the low quality of things we purchase here. This was the Christmas Star we bought 2 years ago. We noticed one day that it had stopped working. When Damien looked closely he saw that there was a big hole burned through the plastic exposing the wires. So glad it didn't start a fire!



December 23 was the Chiang Mai Marathon  My friend's husband ran the 1/2 and I ran the 10K. It was fun. Next year I plan to do the 1/2 (hopefully!)


My little Elf putting together Legos.

There is always something loud going on around here. Thai people seem to love microphones! But one night it was unusually crazy. I didn't think the kids were going to be able to go to sleep it was so loud!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP