This week my sister-in-law drove over from Little Rock with her three kids so that we could have a little “cousins” weekend. It was great fun. They got in Friday around 7pm. We hadn’t told Orin & Micaiah so they were very surprised - but oh so excited. On Saturday we took a walk around the center to show them around and then went to Orin’s soccer game armed with a picnic lunch. I think we ate the entire time. This includes Orin who, more than once, went onto the field with a stuffed mouth. Woops. After the soccer game we headed down to Ennis, TX for their Fall Festival. We went there last year and had a blast. I think the kids had fun and I got to try Kettle Corn for the first time. Yum. We were all exhausted so we headed back home and just got hamburgers for dinner and put the kids to be early.
The cousins. We're only missing one...well two if we include Sora. I took a ton but this was the best that we got. It's pretty much the only one where everyone is looking at the camera.

One of the other shots. I think they all came out really cute even if they weren't all looking.

At the festival they got to decorate mini pumpkins. I think we were here for about 2 minutes - none of the kids seem too interested. Oh well.

I think that all four of us had Kettle Corn for the first time. It was so good. I'll have to figure out how to make it at home.

Getting some silly tattoos. The kids thought they were awesome!


Even Eli got in on the fun.

Orin accidentally scratched his and had a breakdown.

There were some fun slides but unfortunately you had to pay for them. We let the kids go down once.


Last thing we did before we left was get ice cream at the dollar store. I think this was definitely the best part for the kids.





Sunday we headed to church and then to lunch at
Café Brazil before Crystal and the boys headed back home. It was a short but sweet trip and we’re so glad they came. It’s been 4 years since they visited us and their first time to visit us in
Dallas so we’ve been looking forward to it. It’s hard not living near family – and especially not having our kids grow up with family around so we always treasure these times. We enjoyed staying up late both nights talking and I’m glad
Crystal didn’t fall asleep on the way home. I think lots of caffeine and left over Kettle Corn did the trick. Thanks for coming guys! Hopefully we’ll be in
Little Rock soon!
Saying goodbye. :-(
3 comments:
I LOVE the break down picture... classic. I also love that your boys like long here... do they say why? Just curious... ours always did until recently. And those ice creams look awesome!!!!
Looks like you had so much fun, I hate living so far away from family and the fact that my kids don't have their cousins around either, it makes it all the more special when we do finally get together. Great pictures.
all of those pics are so great
i love the one of orin upset because he scratched his tat and then of course the one of the kids hugging. that was great.
Post a Comment