New Orleans reporter returns to her orphanage in SK
>> Thursday, October 1, 2009
I was trying to find out information on orphanages near Seoul when I came across this article.
We would like to visit an orphanage while we're in SK to pick up Sora, but it doesn't look like it will happen. The SK government doesn't really like to have people visiting orphanages. I wonder what they are trying to hide?
Back to the article. I found it interesting because it's a New Orleans reporter (Damien and I both grew up in New Orleans) who returned to South Korea and wrote about her experience.
I'm enjoying reading perspectives of adult adoptees (from SK or elsewhere). Hopefully it will help me somewhat understand some of the feelings Sora might have growing up.
Here is the link to the article:
http://www.nola.com/family/index.ssf/2009/09/childlike_vulnerability_is_uni.html



1 comments:
Thank you for sharing, I love the name Sora is that what you decided on?
Post a Comment