Happy Birthday Mimie!

>> Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Last week was Mimie's birthday so we decided to make a cake so we could celebrate with her while she was visiting. I love that O&M love to cook with me. They enjoy dumping in the ingredients in but their favorite part is tasting everything - eggs, vanilla, oil, flour, etc. We decided to make a Rainbow Cake that I had seen on a few friends blogs a while back. It was a blast for Orin and Micaiah and made the cooking part even that much more fun.

After we mixed the batter we divided it into 6 different bowls.

I put the food coloring in and the boys mixed it. I was impressed how well they did.

Sora was so good most of the time. She wandered around playing. She loves the pantry - I love that she loves it since it can keep here pretty busy. I've definitely had to move the breakable items higher because she seems to go for them first.
Micaiah very proud of his mixing work.

Sora also love spoons. I love this picture - I wish it were not so blurry!

I only have one round cake pan and I didn't want to have to bake each layer one at a time. So since I have three loaf pans, I used them. It worked great. Once they were cooled, I layered them with just a little bit of icing in between. The boys helped a little with this. And since it was their cake and I had no idea how much time Sora would give us to work, I went with the box cake mix and icing. I'm not sure the last time I did that! :-)

Then we iced the top and the boys added rainbow sprinkles.


Orin is so scared of fire. Seriously, he'll tell us to move the lighter to the other end of the table. You can see in this picture that he's trying to back away from the candles.

You HAVE to lick the candles!

I think it came out really cute! And it didn't taste bad either.

3 comments:

Courtney March 16, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

you are brave to make that right now! we're making rainbow pancakes tomorrow night for dinner for st patricks day :-)

allison March 16, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

what a cute cake AND fun to make! btw, how funny is it that your boys always have on their underwear, lol:)

Nina March 22, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

What a pretty cake, and how fun the boys got to help make it for Mimie! Happy Belated Birthday Eileen!

What made Micaiah afraid of fire? Did he burn his finger or something?

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP