Well, at least she isn't allergic to Amoxicillin

>> Monday, March 29, 2010

Yep, Sora is taking her first antibiotics. Well, at least her first here in the US. I have no idea if she ever took them in Korea.

Other than a handful of days, Sora has pretty much been sick since she came home. We noticed green yucky-ness coming from her nose on the plane back from Korea. She had that cold for probably the first week back. It finally cleared up and then Damien brought something home from work. We were all (including Mimie) feeling pretty bad for a few days there. Finally, Sora's nose seemed to clear up a few days ago. I was worried she was going to think suctioning her nose was some sort of torture that I enjoyed putting her through since I've done it almost every day since she has been here. Then, yesterday she started with diarrhea. We had finally gotten her eating really well, then yesterday she ate practically nothing. She still had it this morning' plus a cough. By the afternoon we noticed her pulling at her ear a lot. The ENT and adoption doctor had told us to be sure to bring her in at any indication of ear infection. Since she only hears out of the one ear, it's important to keep her ear clear so that she can continue to develop proper speech.

After Damien and I went back and forth trying to decide if we should bring her, we decided that it couldn't hurt to go to the clinic. I'm so thankful for it. With our minimal health insurance, we can't fork out the $175 for a pediatrician appointment. (Can you believe it costs that much!) Her ear was infected so I'm glad we went. And she now weights 18lbs. She's gained 6lbs in less than two weeks! Now I just hope that when this is over the poor girl can just be healthy. If she is this pleasant when she's sick, I can't wait to see what she is like when she's feeling good!

2 comments:

Michelle April 2, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

She is soooo cute, how can you stand it, sorry she has an ear infection, glad you were able to get it taken care of at the clinic, that $175 bill is killer not to mention if you had to go the ER over a weekend, yikes. Will pray for your brothers protection and safety over in Afghanistan.

Nina April 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

SO glad you have the clinic! We are going to be more careful now too since our co-payment for OV to ENTs or other specialists just jumped from $30 to $60. !!!

I'm sorry she already has had an ear infection. I hope it's the last one. (Wondering how they could tell if there was one in the other ear?)

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP