The rest of Insadong
>> Thursday, March 11, 2010
While we walked around the city looking for the Insadong market, I really enjoyed just looking around at where we were. Here are some pictures of what we saw in Insadong before we found the market.
Since this was really our first venture away from the area we were staying in, it was sort of a shock when we came out of the Subway. It was very different from the very business focused area where the guest house was.
As we were looking for the Insadong market, we ran into this other market. At first we thought it could be the one we were looking for. But we soon realized that it was a very local market, not at all for tourists. But it was really cool to walk through.
So many interesting things to look at but Micaiah was most excited about this!
We found this random park. It was pretty neat.
So many people around were wearing masks. It made me wonder if we should be too.
Random booths of tarot card readers.
An underground mall. They had these all over the place. They were mostly connected to the subways in some way.
I thought it was interesting to see the older building of obviously Asian architecture with all of the sky-rises behind it.
I loved all of the crazy, random, ally-ways.
I thought this guy was pretty funny.
The streets of Insadong.



2 comments:
How in the world did you not get lost?? Did you learn to read Korean before you left? :D
The masks...they were for the sand-filled air that blows in each spring from China. We were told, "dirty, China air". It was so bad when we were there (the first week of April '06) that my lungs had filled up and by the time I got home I was needing some super antibiotics. It took almost three weeks to completely clear. All from breathing in those tiny particles. My dh and darling baby boy also needed to be placed on antibiotics as well.
Post a Comment