Mystery Cut

>> Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So Micaiah had this mystery cut. On Friday morning I noticed it. It was small but I asked him what happened. He said he scratched it on the desk. We thought it looked strange, but all we knew was what he said it was. So 24 hours later we looked at it again. Ok, first of all, we should have been keeping an eye on it. But he loves to keep band aids on any injury (even the tiniest little cut) so it was covered up most of the time. So this what it looked like. It looked much worse in person.

It went from being a small little scratch to this huge hole with a rash spreading up his arm. We were a little concerned to say the least and after doing some searching we thought it could be a Staph infection so we took him to the doctor.

Well, it wasn't staph thank goodness. As soon as the Doctor looked at it he knew what it was. Apparently there is an insect around here that does this. (I should have written down the name but I couldn't really understand it with the Doctor's limited English.) When it bites you the venom pretty much burns a hole in your skin and then spreads a rash. It's crazy. But after three days of antibiotics it's looking much better. :-)

2 comments:

Mimie December 15, 2010 at 1:09 AM  

I am so sorry my sweet Caiah had such a bad bo bo!

Mom December 16, 2010 at 1:16 AM  

Oh my! I would want to watch out for that bug. Shiver! What does it look like? Do you know how to spot them? I would be interested in looking it up. I'm glad he is responding to the treatment.

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP