The actual day

>> Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Orin's birthday was the day after his party. We told him that he could do whatever he wanted that day. It started with him having cereal for breakfast (they rarely eat cereal) and watching some TV. Then he decided to play a few games on the computer. We had planned to go to the Fort Worth Stockyards for an egg hunt. Not that we necessarily wanted to do an Easter egg hunt, but we wanted to do something fun outside and these were the only activities we could find.

The egg hunt was at the FW Stockyards. It was beautiful outside. The "hunts" were split by age so Orin and Damien were in a different area. There were a ton of people there. Parents were telling their kids to run and get as much as they could. I just told Caiah not to take an egg if another kid picked it up first.


The "eggs" were just wrapped pieces of egg shaped marshmallows. Pretty lame. But the kids didn't care. As you can see, Micaiah could have gotten a ton of eggs, but he carefully went around looking for blue ones. Everything for him is blue these days.

His loot. Somehow a green and red one sneaked their way in.

Orin had to start enjoying his right away. They each only ate a few and decided that they didn't taste that good. Oh well, now I have a bag of them that no one wants to eat.

Sora enjoyed her bottle while the kids hunted.

We had packed a lunch and enjoyed a picnic. Sora still loves the outdoors.

Micaiah wears these sunglasses all of the time. It's so funny. He says, "The sun can't see me with them on." I don't know where he gets it from because Damien and I rarely use them.

When we got home Orin finally got to watch the movie Star Wars (the original one). We told him about 9 months ago when he started asking about it that he could see it when he turned 5. He had been eagerly waiting for this day!

After the movie, Orin chose to play a video game with Daddy and while everyone else watched. As you can tell, he chose to do all of the things that he loves but rarely gets to do.

Sora trying to entertain herself while they played.


We got on the web cam with Nina and Pops so that they could sing happy birthday.

The kids thought it was fun. Of course, they could only sit for so long.

Finally, we gave Orin our gift.

It was the Star Wars edition of the game "Trouble." Orin loves board games and we've already enjoyed playing it many times.

5 comments:

Nina April 8, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

What a special day!!! Thanks for letting us get a glimpse of all the special things you did. Orin is FIVE!!! I still can't believe it.

Nina April 8, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

1. I love seeing them in the shirts I gave them.
2. I hate those eggs too, but at least they had fun finding them.
3. Love the Star Wars trouble!
4. Caiah's glasses! He's too cute!
5. I miss everyone! I want to come for a visit after I get back from NC.

Shannon April 8, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

Looks like a fun day. It is so funny that they used those eggs. I hate them and I remember them from when I was a kid. Thankfully they don't use those here:)
Happy Birthday Orin! He is getting so big:)

Julie April 11, 2010 at 1:24 AM  

that is so fun, we let Eli watch Star Wars for the first time this past Christmas and he already knew it all because he has played the Star Wars Legos...lol. He liked it. And I didn't know they had a Star Wars Trouble game...should I ask someone to get it for Eli for his birthday? Any other Star Wars games out there?

Courtney April 11, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

so is Stars Wars (the movie) totally fine for that age??

what a special day for him!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP