BBQ at Christina and Rob's
>> Saturday, February 13, 2010
I think I mentioned in another post that we went down to New Orleans for the Superbowl. Having grown up in New Orleans (both Damien and I) we have always been Saints fans. I have great memories of going to games with my dad as a child. No matter how bad they were, the city was always behind them. I think after we moved away for college we cared even more for the city and team. And then Hurricane Katrina made an impact on anyone ever connected to the city. Anyway, since the beginning of the season many people were talking about the Saints finally going to the super bowl. They've been around for 44 years and never really even got close other than 2006. Anyway, Damien has been saying all season that if they make it that we'll go down to New Orleans to watch the game with the city and our families. It's always fun to see our family but I wasn't as excited as usual because I really wanted to be in Korea. But I'm really glad we went. It was a really special few days and the best part was that it coincided with Mardi Gras. We hadn't been in probably 10 years and it was so much fun to introduce our kids to what was a big part of our life growing up.
We went to a couple of parades on Saturday morning but I didn't bring my camera. :-( Hopefully I can get some from Christina and post them later. Saturday night we decided to go to Caesar in Metairie. It's a beautiful parade that I even often marched in when I was in High School. I always loved doing it. Before the parade we all met at Christina and Rob's house for a BBQ. They live very close to the parade so we just walked on over when it was time.
Orin and Micaiah love hanging out with Aunt Emily. They are so lucky to have such great Aunts and Uncles.
Ok, not a great picture of me, I wanted to show the picture of the awesome sling my mom made for me. She actually made two for me and one for Damien! It was fun to test it out with clay and I can't wait to use it with Sora.
Having fun with Pops.
Caiah hangin' with Uncle Ryan. He's eating a fruit roll-up that he caught at a parade earlier in the day.
Baby Clay trying to learn how to pick up Cheerios.
This is what my kids are doing the entire time they are with my family.
Watching Care Bears. My boys are obsessed!



0 comments:
Post a Comment