Pictures from our Saturday outing

>> Saturday, February 20, 2010

Here are some pictures from our outing to the E-Mart. I wish I had a better camera but these didn't come out too bad.

This is the view of downtown Seoul from the windows in the stairwell. I think some of the rooms have this view! It's gorgeous. We're in the Southeast part of the city but we're hoping to go to downtown one day to see some of the palaces.

This is the rock in front of the guest house. Our agency gave us a picture of this rock and said to show a Taxi driver if you took one and they would know where it is. I don't think I mentioned this before, but when we were having to cross that crazy 6 lane street the night we got here we actually tried to get a Taxi to take us just the two blocks to the guest house. He didn't speak English but I showed it to him the picture and he didn't recognize it. The he pretty much said (without words) that he wouldn't take us anyway because we had too much stuff. :-)


If you are standing by the rock after you walk out of the guest house, this is the view to the left. It's a small street compared to the ones one block North and one block East.

A Catholic church right up the block.

On our way to the E-Mart we walked down our street to this more major street. I love all of the activity. It was Saturday but there were still cars everywhere.



Signs for the E-Mart. Almost all signs are in Korean but every once in a while there were be something in English.


Walking around the E-Mart. I wanted to find a baby section but didn't see anything. I want to get some stuff for Sora (maybe clothes, shoes, etc...).

Surprise, surprise, we found the toy section. It was just one isle but one side was entirely filled with Lego's!

We had to go down stairs for the grocery section. We actually saw a few American items. We were getting peanut butter and jelly but we got the Korean brands because they were much cheaper. It was fun looking at all of the stuff. We got milk, eggs, and butter too.

Going back up. These escalators (without stairs) were really cool because you could just take your basket on it. The kids thought they were fun. I would have taken more pictures but someone who works there told Damien that we couldn't take them. Woops!

Back at the guest house they wanted to put their Lego's together right away. Orin followed the directions and did it entire on his own!



1 comments:

Julie February 21, 2010 at 2:01 AM  

i love city living...reminds me of Budapest. Did you have to pay for the cart to? It looks like it from the pictures, we have to pay for them as well. Thankfully your sign was in english for the mart :) Love that Mic. has his underwear on back in the room again :)

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP