Home in Dallas
>> Thursday, February 25, 2010
Praise God we made it home in one piece. It was a long, tough flight. The boys and Sora did great considering. It's so nice to be home. We all had naps this afternoon and Sora is sleeping now. She has been through a lot in the past 48 hours, but we're amazed at how well she is handling it. She hardly cries, but still likes to be held a lot. We can already see her getting more comfortable now that we are home - probably because she can tell we're more comfortable. She is eating very little and also hasn't had a bowel movement since we got her - probably from the stress. This is typical for infants in the first days/weeks/months after they are adopted but we're praying she feels relaxed soon. We may have to contact the Doctor for some laxatives if she doesn't go soon. She is smiling more and more but still pretty reserve. Daddy and Orin do the best job at making her laugh. We're so happy that she's part of our family and hope to get over this jet lag soon so that we can all enjoy each other. I hope to write and post more pictures soon but we're trying to spend a little extra time with the boys right now as well as catch up on sleep. Hopefully I'll have some down time tomorrow to catch up. We truly appreciate everyone's prayers!



5 comments:
I am so glad you are getting some rest. I remember the jet lag coming home from South Africa; I was so tired. I will call tomorrow night to see how all is going. I know having your Mom is a great help right now; I am so glad she is there!
take your time. We are so thankful you are all okay. Jet lag stinks... I hate it going back and forth from Europe all the time with kids. Praying for you all and for Sora to relax more so she can poop :) hugs
So glad you're in your home. My doctor recommended Miralax for my kids because they are constipated constantly. It's over-the-counter.
So happy for you!
I know you're in good hands with your Mom there. :) Enjoy. We love you. Doug runs the LR Marathon next weekend so no visit from us. ;) Working on other plans ...
Post a Comment